The Technical Operations (TechOps) division has been making significant investments in the organization’s IT infrastructure and creating an IT function that differs from the typical IT department in recent years. The helpful and welcoming team is seeking additional members to assist in delivering first-rate systems administration, a wide range of cloud IT projects, process optimizations, and skill-sharing while maintaining the personalized touch employees have grown to know and love. This IT Administrator post is best suited for someone in the beginning stages of an IT career seeking to advance in the field and enhance their skills.
Visa sponsorship is available for qualified candidates for this position. Although you will be prompted to include information on your eligibility to work in the UK, this will not affect how your application is handled.
- Take charge of the general management of cloud and on-premises technology.
- Effectively handling hardware acquisition, installation, and distribution, as well as equipment lifecycle management—including disposal and retirement—and upkeep of a correct asset database—are all required.
- Take on the role of the TechOps division’s representative within the larger organization; talking to users about projects, announcing and outlining changes, gathering and acting on feedback, and overall upholding the organization’s stellar connection with other teams inside the firm.
- Cooperate with the managed service provider (MSP) to maintain excellent system administration and user support.
- Assist with a variety of IT initiatives that are both internally delivered and outsourced (such as implementing new systems, software, and hardware).
- Conduct system audits, such as reporting on idleness and confirming access rights.
- Additionally, there will be opportunities to:
- Participate in the writing of technical documents, such as process documentation, policy writing, and technical or lay training
- Travel across national and international offices to conduct on-site work, including office moves and infrastructure improvements
- Bolster cybersecurity activities, such as phishing incident response
- Previous administrative experience for business IT solutions, especially for file system administration and access and identity management
- Excellent written and vocal communication skills; the capacity to speak authoritatively and professionally to audiences that are both technical and non-technical
- Excellent organizational abilities, keen attention to detail, and a dedication to providing the best possible quality and customer service in every aspect of your work are required.
- The capacity to organize your own time, set priorities, achieve deadlines, and work collaboratively while managing conflicting demands
- The capability to execute projects in a results-focused manner, offering practical answers and overcoming obstacles.
- A desire for and talent for learning and understanding complex business procedures and systems
- Either a relevant bachelor’s degree, a minimum of one year of work experience in an IT-related position, or an entry-level industry standard certification (such as CompTIA, Microsoft, or ITIL)
- Knowledge of the Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with using Microsoft 365: Defender for Endpoint, Azure Active Directory, Admin Center, Exchange Online, and Endpoint Manager
- Knowledge of various cloud storage options
- Expertise in managing IT hardware administration (procurement, configuration, returns, disposal, etc.) and asset database maintenance
- Knowledge of IT regulations and expertise in creating and drafting IT procedures
- Familiarity with MacOS
- Depending on prior experience, a starting salary of £23,000 to £27,000 per year is possible. Normally, pay raises are given at the end of the first six and twelve months as well as after a promotion.
- 25 days of annual leave in addition to public and bank holidays
- The option to work from home for as much as 50% of your working hours, in addition to flexible hours
- Flexible benefits program that provides extra vacation time, payments in cash, and retirement savings contributions
- Employer contribution to pensions is 4%
- Private medical insurance that provides full coverage with “medical history disregard”
- Paid time off for studies and funding for external certifications
- A travel loan program (with no interest) and a cycle-to-work program
- Life insurance, income protection, and critical illness insurance
- Opportunity to participate in an Employee Assistance Program
- Gym membership discount
- Comprehensive insurance for traveling
Why Work in IT with Costello Medical?
Costello Medical is well aware of the value of IT talent and thinks there is a special opportunity for your career advancement.
- Only the exciting parts of IT: IT administrators concentrate their time on helping to contribute to exciting new initiatives and proactive changes that optimize IT operations and enhance the user experience. This is because technical assistance and infrastructure administration are outsourced to the MSP.
- Develop your abilities at the front edge: Costello Medical’s systems are always being improved. Over the recent years, the organization has largely dismantled its current infrastructure and adopted cutting-edge cloud-based solutions. As an IT administrator, you will have the chance to install innovative technologies of your own and get invaluable expertise with cutting-edge ones.
- Users who value and respect you: Frontline support is not something that IT administrators do. Building a strong, courteous, and constructive rapport with other employees is because they don’t come to IT with issues or grievances. You will feel important and valued in your role as an IT administrator.
- An extremely diverse role: You’ll have the chance to work in a variety of IT-related fields, including security, governance, infrastructure, projects, development, technical writing, and more. There are constantly new prospects accessible because the company’s technology requirements are constantly changing.