Medical writers and analysts engage in projects that involve the in-depth analysis of data gathered from clinical trials, thorough assimilation, and innovative presentation of this information in various formats, such as peer-reviewed publications, posters, reports, slide sets, and value dossiers. These outputs are directly used by clients when interacting with external parties who are crucial to the successful adoption of new therapies. This job operates project by project, and you will typically be handling numerous projects at once in different disease domains.
Costello Medical is looking for people that are cooperative, self-driven, and enthusiastic, with a sincere passion for healthcare and a desire to learn more about cutting-edge scientific fields. For qualified individuals for this Analyst/Medical Writer post, the company can sponsor their visas. Although your application will ask you to supply information on your ability to work in the UK, this won’t affect how it’s processed.
How It Works
You will collaborate on projects with seasoned coworkers who will give you individual training in the technical facets of the position, such as project management and good customer relations. After a successful induction period, you will progressively take part in teleconferences and in-person interactions with external stakeholders. Delivering projects successfully necessitates tight collaboration with customers.
The organizational structure of Costello Medical is divided into divisional teams that concentrate on various medical communications and health economics services or provide services to a particular area in the healthcare industry. When it is feasible and appropriate, analysts and medical writers can collaborate across divisions to gain a comprehensive grasp of the company’s offerings and customers.
Your “home” division will be determined by your interests and qualifications when you first join the organization, however, you may occasionally have the chance to collaborate on projects involving two divisions at once. Throughout your tenure at Costello Medical, you also have the option of switching divisions, which may open up new opportunities to learn about various project types in the future.
You will be urged to indicate on your application form if you are interested in joining a particular division. Please be aware that, if selected, your divisional allocation(s) will be verified closer to the time you start working there. While all efforts will be made to accommodate your choice, this will depend on the needs of the business and where we believe your expertise and experience will be most useful.
- An undergraduate degree in a scientific field (with a minimum GPA of 2.1 or an equivalent). It would be advantageous to have postgraduate degrees (minimum 2.1 or equivalent), however, they are not necessary for the position. We encourage applicants with a wide variety of specialties, including but not limited to those in biology, chemistry, pharmacy, and medicine, to apply.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding written English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Solid organizational abilities and the capacity to manage numerous projects at once
- A knack for, and experience with organizing and writing scientific documents, such as lab reports, peer-reviewed scientific publications, dissertations, oral or poster presentations, articles for websites or student magazines, grant applications, regulatory documents, book chapters, etc.
- A starting wage of £35,000. Increases in wages tend to occur after six and twelve months, as well as after promotion, which can be attained in as short as six to twelve months.
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to weekends and holidays
- The freedom to spend up to 50% of your working hours at home
- Flexible benefits program that provides extra vacation time, cash payments, and contributions to pension
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Private medical insurance that provides full coverage with “medical history disregard”
- Paid time off for studies and sponsorship of external certifications
- A travel loan program (with no interest attached) and a cycle-to-work program
- Life assurance, income protection, and critical illness insurance
- Opportunity to benefit from an employee assistance program
- Reduced cost of gym membership
- Comprehensive insurance for traveling
- Working hours are flexible
- Frequent social events sponsored by the company.
There is no stated deadline for applying for the Analyst/Medical Writer position because applications are accepted on a rolling basis. However, you are advised to apply as soon as possible, so that processing can start on your application.